Wednesday 25 January 2012

Hello there and welcome to anyone stumbling across my little bit of web space :]


This is a new venture for me, but i wanted to record some stuff. 

I have known about quilting for many years - my aunt is very much an accomplished quilter, she has made many beautiful projects in her time! I started a couple of quilting projects back in 2008. Seems a lifetime ago now! Since then I moved out of my parents house and into a tiny flat. It had no table and I had no access to a sewing machine! I had/have 2 hand projects on the go.

1. 12" blocks of crazy patchwork, the idea to have a block of each colour. I am doing all the embroidery stitches by hand, which as you can imagine is taking a long time! For the last 2 years I have had uhm.. "sewers block" hating the red block, and not doing much on it recently! It's a love/hate relationship hehe


2. A hexagons, english paper pieced quilt, making little flowers from various black and white fabrics with orange batik middles.


So, back to the here and now. Neither of these have been completed in the 2 years I have moved away from home. But recently I moved to a flat that is much bigger and has a table. I dug out a kit I bought several years ago, moda fabrics, squares with applique triangles. I started that, and happened to mention to my parents that I could really do with a sewing machine now I had the space. I was only angling to get my Mums old machine, which is unused in the garage - instead I got a sewing machine for my christmas present! It was pretty cool :]


So I took it home and now I am more determined than ever to start again and to make some pretty things.


This last month I made and designed my own quilt, I think I will post about that tomorrow when I'm not on a tight schedule as today :]  (and i figure out how to upload pictures into this xD)


Thanks for reading


starrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment