Thursday 26 January 2012

Insomnia - among other things

Last night i didn't get to sleep until 2am. Then this morning I woke up at 7am and could not sleep! It was very frustrating to say the least. But thank goodness for the internet! 
I was looking for quilting inspiration for a new project - hopefully going to the fabric guild shop near me tomorrow :D they have a sale on. Though it wont make a lot of difference if I don't know what I need. Impulse buys, here i come!
Anyway, while I was trawling i found several great sewing projects, two of which are earmarked for my sister's birthday in June and one of which I just had to try out! I promised myself that I wouldn't do it at 2am, which I was very good and didn't. But when i woke up at 7am this morning and couldn't sleep, I knew it was time to get out the sewing machine! 
This is the great website I found and the great little tutorial :]


It is fantastic so simple yet effective! I made two of these this morning alone! (its not even 12 yet!!)
This is the first one (praying that I can get the pictures to work)



I didn't have any huge buttons but I think the medium sized one works just as well :] I put my tablets and little bits in it to go in my handbag!
After I made this, I got kinda addicted, and may have had to make a second one!
This was some fabric that I had already and I challenged myself to do the inside a different fabric - it turned out well - just disappointed in my photography skills, you can't see the second fabric at all >.<


The only problem I have with it, is that I could *not* make the birds face the same way on the front. I think its the way I cut the squares out? Or it may be the pattern? Not sure, all I am sure of is that I spent a good half an hour at least with my friend Mr seam ripper! Eventually i gave in and kept the quirky upside down birds, I will try another time with some more fabric to see if I can do it properly xD. 


They are just uber cute and a really cool stop-gap mini project while I plan my next quilt.

thanks for reading :]

starrie




No comments:

Post a Comment